Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve[_18_] Steve[_18_] is offline

Default Reefer Trailer's AirConditioner Compressor - Oil??

bear wrote:
Ok, there is metal content.

I managed to get a former refrigerated trailer, that was last used as
a rental storage unit... anyhow it has a small diesel engine (nice!)
directly coupled to what looks like a two lung compressor.

Now here's the question, WHAT is/was used as lubricant for the
compressor unit??

This is a 30 year old trailer - so whatever was used then is
most likely in there now.

The problem is that the a-hole "code enforcement" person is
telling me that it represents a "hazardous material". I think
he is likely talking out of the wrong hole - but I prefer to slam
dunk people like that with insurmountable evidence and facts, arguing
with idiots is a waste of time and energy.

Anyone KNOW what the stuff is, what trade names are typical?
That way I can get the MSDS for it.

I'd think there's maybe a quart or so in it??

Anything special about the compressor oil or its characteristics?
Like will it evaporate in open air or some such thing??

HELP!!

_-_-bear

ThermoKing or Carrier?
I may still have a ThermoKing manual around here somewhere, if that's
what it is.