Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Fun with Fun-Tak

Meat Plow wrote:

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:50:17 +0000, Lord Garth wrote:

"Oppie" wrote in message news:9cVxj.9$Td2.3@trndny08...
Found a good use for that adhesive putty known as fun-tak or BlueStick to
hold through hole parts in place when soldering them. I've also used it on
occasion for a temporary High voltage insulator before doing final
potting.
The stuff is normally sold for putting posters and the like up on painted
walls without damage to the surfaces.
http://www.doityourself.com/invt/7770613
http://www.dap.com/product_details.aspx?product_id=46

Also Stik-Tak, a similar product sold under the Duco name
http://www.itwconsumer.com/catalog.aspx?prodID=113

Great! I often would ball up a paper towel to hold the through hole
components while I solder them in place.

I've used Silly Putty on occasion.

No comment! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.