Posted to alt.home.repair
digger odell digger odell is offline

Default V-Tech cordless phone mystery

On Feb 29, 6:24 pm, Jim Redelfs wrote:
In article
,
digger odell wrote:

Any suggestions?

Connect a KNOWN GOOD phone to the base cord that is (was?) feeding the
cordless base station. It's quite possible that the cord is defective. Good
luck.
--

JR

No project too small
All projects too big

In my OP, I did indicate that this step was covered ...

continuously (on BOTH phones) but no dial tone. So I replaced the
battery on ONE phone; did the reset thing; still no dial tone. (using
a phone line that tests OK on other phones)

On the other hand, I neglected to mention that I ALSO used a pencil
eraser on the contact points, as recommended by V-Tech. What finally
did work was the step reported in my above posting (#5).