Posted to alt.home.repair

Default new water heater

On Feb 27, 6:11�pm, "Dr. Hardcrab" wrote:
"JosephB" wrote in message

I have an old water heater (providing hot water on demand, not filling
a tank). �This water heater is old and inefficient and needs replacing
as it has started leaking and finding the replacement part is
difficult.

Anyway I reckon it is time to get a new one, can anyone recommend a
good water heater, wall mounted, providing hot water on demand for 1
bath, 3 sinks and a washing machine.

Thanks,

If you can access to natural gas or propane:

http://www.foreverho****er.com/

I've had people tell me they pay for themselves in 2 years. I am going to
get one in the fall when I redo my kitchen (going to replace me electric
stove/oven with a gas one).

Joesph- Hide quoted text -

cost of tankless installed is likely 3 or 4 times a standard
tank.........

new larger gas line direct from meter, possible flue issues, tankless
are high btu, need large chimney.

now the energy guide on most standard tanks is under 300 bucks a year.
250 appears average.

regular tanks are about 56% efficent,,,,,, but heck lets say 50% just
to make math easy

that means half of 250 bucks is wasted, $125 bucks a year.

so if you actually saved 125 bucks a year and a properly sized
tankless cost 1000 bucks more than a standard tank installed, it will
take at least 8 years before you save a dime, and tankless appear
longest warranty is 10 years.

sorry savings are minimal