Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dell Dimension Desk Top

radiosrfun wrote:

I got a call from someone who has a Dell Dimension Desktop computer that
won't "come on".
They had a "Geek Squad" person look it over - the person said the 250w PS
was shot. There was 5v on one side but not the other. Then - those parts
were hard to get a hold of.

"I" am asking because I don't deal with Dell - I can't stand them for my own
reasons. SO - is there available power supplies out there - or do we have to
kiss Dell's ass for one?

Opinions please - so I know whether I need to call Dell or can go most
anywhere.

Thanks

'Dimension' is a series of computers, and I can't recall one I've
seen that I can't buy a power supply for. Get the actual model number
and look online.

You can also get the part number off the original power supply, and
use a search engine to locate a replacement.
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=unknown&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&from= R10&_trksid=m37&satitle=Dell+Dimension+power+suppl y&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&sabfmts= 1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&f sop=32%26fsoo%3D2&fgtp=
shows 520 power supplies for Dell Dimension, right now.

BTW, what do you expect from a guy who bites the heads off live
chickens? 'Geeks' are circus performers, while 'Nerds' are techies.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida