jim rozen

Default Another undesirable effect of crossposting....

In article , Jeff Wisnia says...

rec.crafts.jewelry is a "moderated group" and today I got a nice note
from Peter Rowe, the moderator of that group, telling me:

************************************************* *********

Jeff,

Rec.crafts.jewelry is a moderated group. That means that all postings
get diverted by your (or any poster) ISP's news server, to their email
server, which instead of posting it to the newsgroup, emails it to a
moderated groups relay server, which then knows that I'm the moderator,
and emails it to me. The post then sits there till I download new
emailed messages for the group, remove the spam, commercial ads, and
other inappropriate posts, and resend the ones that belong, to my news
server with modified headers that then cause the news servers to accept
the post. ...

Hmm. Sounds like a nice plan. Any way we could turn rcm into
one of them there "moderated" ngs? Just think, we could moderated
away all the political crap....

Jim

please reply to: