John Ings

Default Another undesirable effect of crossposting....

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:33:14 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

I bet I'm not the only one here who didn't know that would happen when
responding to a crossposted message...

An intersting insight.

The news server behaviour I can't understand is why a post will show
up on one server and not another.

e.g.
When I was living in Ottawa I had on occasion posted something to my
local IP supplier's news server early in the morning. At noon hour the
same day I would access the free public server which I used at work
because the company news server did not have alt. newsgroups
available. This free public server is in Germany, but there would be
the message I posted that morning. But on several occasions the
message I posted to my local server didn't show up for as long as
three days!

Maybe that German server doesn't respect the moderated group rule?