Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default V-Tech cordless phone mystery

On Feb 29, 12:03*pm, mm wrote:
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:18:08 -0800 (PST), digger odell

wrote:
Have you ever had a case where you''re dying to figure out why you
can't get something to work any more? *I *have two V-Tech cordless
phones, both of which are in that category. *The charging light blinks
continuously (on BOTH phones) but no dial tone. *So I replaced the
battery on ONE phone; did the reset thing; still no dial tone. *(using
a phone line that tests OK on other phones)

Refuse to invest in another battery for the 2nd phone until I know for
certain that's the kicker.

Any suggestions?

The phone could be broken. *I have a set of 3 V-tech phones and bases
and chargers which someone sold me for 1 or 2 dollars. *All I hoped to
get was one phone and two base stations. *I forget the details but if
I had gotten that, I'd be using them now.

Is V-tech thought to be a good brand. *My only experience is with
these 3 broken ones.

digger- Hide quoted text -

Is V-tech thought to be a good brand.

Bought a 4-handset package a year ago. No complaints yet.

BTW - Best Buy charged the same price for the 3-handset package as
BJ's charged for the 4-handset package - Buy 3, get 1 free!