Posted to alt.home.repair
digger odell digger odell is offline

Default V-Tech cordless phone mystery

On Feb 29, 10:50 am, Ken wrote:
digger odell wrote:
Have you ever had a case where you''re dying to figure out why you
can't get something to work any more? I have two V-Tech cordless
phones, both of which are in that category. The charging light blinks
continuously (on BOTH phones) but no dial tone. So I replaced the
battery on ONE phone; did the reset thing; still no dial tone. (using
a phone line that tests OK on other phones)

Refuse to invest in another battery for the 2nd phone until I know for
certain that's the kicker.

Any suggestions?

digger

Did you measure the battery voltage while it is installed? If it is
much below the rated voltage, you can pretty well be assured that is a
problem.

The position of the battery contacts prevent taking a voltage
measurement. However, your suggestion did trigger a thought that
perhaps the battery wasn't pressing securely on the contacts. So on
top of the battery I folded a small strip of toiler paper (symbolizing
my feeling toward the annoyances). thereby forcing the battery to
press more securely. VOILA! The phone is now operational!!!

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO KEEP ME ON TASK !!!

DIGGER