Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Just received my Gas Bill from British Gas.

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 22:25:02 +0000, Richard wrote:

Before she became SWMBO my wife was a BG customer and paid by
continuosly variable direct debit. BG consistently increased the sums
debitted and refused to believe any suggestion that they were taking
more than they were entitled so to do. They took no notice at all of
the actual units of gas used. The only way that she was able to get a
refund was to move house and not continue using gas.

Why not simply contact her bank(*) and cancel the DD, that invariably gets
the full attention of the supplier. Of course extracting the money after
that may well still be "fun" but at least they aren't getting any more and
don't have access to your account should they really start to mess up.

(*) Visit, write or do it online.

--
Cheers
Dave.