Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob M. Bob M. is offline

Default Motion Sensing Light Experiences & Recommendations.

"mike" wrote in message
I recently installed a $20 motion sensing flood light that advertised
a 70 foot sensitivity range. It turned out to be more like 20 feet
(at best). I'm beginning to suspect that you take the advertised
range, multiply it by the price and divide by 100 to get the actual
range.

Could be the way you have them mounted. All motion sensors are almost
completely blind when it comes to motion headed directly toward the sensor.
However, it'll spot you in a New Yawk second if the motion is -across- it's
field of view.