Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mark krawczuk[_2_] mark krawczuk[_2_] is offline

Default Win XP goes off after 30 days

well, you be screwed if you live over 6 hours , out on a farm , with NO
TELEPHONE , only contact is via hf radio , and snail mail.
microsoft didnt even bother to think about people out on farms in the
middle of no where did they ? when they try to register their copy pf crappy
xp.

es Sweet" wrote in message

wrote in message

After re-installing win XP SP on my machine it goes of in about 30
days. I was asked activate it on the net but I dont have it in my home
not even my village. how can I go round this? BTW the Cd came with the
machine.
THANKS

Use the phone activation, as stupid as the requirement to activate is, the
process is largely automated and painless.