Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] stillnobodyhome@gmail.com is offline

Default what to cut MDPE pipe with

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:06:46 -0000, "Roger Mills"

Richard Morley wrote:

I will shortly be puchasing and running some MDPE 25 mm pipe work.

Not used it before . What tool do I need to cut it sqaure ?.

I presume that the hand "plastic pipe cutters" sold are for rigid
plasic waste pipe rather than MDPE.

Something not too expensive I hope as I will not be doing this very
often.
Thanks
Richard

Pipe cutters intended for plastic pipe such as Hep2O are fine. Otherwise
it's easy enough to cut with a good pair of garden secateurs - the sort with
curves blades which shear, not the sort with a straight blade and an anvil.

Would those not give you an uneven cut?
The plastic pipe cutters I have have a cutting blade that goes down in
between two other parts of the lower jaw ... like these

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/61583/...Cutter-6-42mm#
or these
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/29833/...e-Cutter-210mm
The gap between the bottom jaw(s) is easier to see in the second item
listed .