Old Nick

Default Replacement engine for Colemate Generator

On 18 Jul 2004 20:52:56 -0700, (Robert Snyder)
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Learn the same lesson before trying this with firefighting pumps as
well....close-coupled, and the emgine may cost _more_ than the pump,
new.

I have seen where people have converted old motors into generators. I
was thinking that would be a fun project and if I started with an old
generator should be even better.

I picked up (bought) a 4200W Coleman Generator with bag motor (piston
through the block). I thought the generator and engine were seperate
so I could add a different engine with maybe a coupling change. Not
so.

After getting the unit home and disassembling, I discovered the rear
engine bearing (the crackshaft extents into the generator armature)