Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

Default connecting multi-strand to copper wire for lighting

HaLiGoOn wrote:
wrote in news:175c3cca-f7ae-4993-b394-
:

Does anyone know the best way to connect a multi-strand wire to copper
wire?
This is for a recessed light in the ceiling of our top floor hallway.
Therefore the housing for the light is going in the attic/roof. The
housing itself includes the multi-strand wire, that I have to connect
the copper wire to that is fed in from the light switch.

Right now, I have used the screw on cone shaped type connectors (I
forget what they're called ... merriates????) but the connection does
not look that good - the multi-strand wire seems to fray quite easily.

Thx!!

They are generically called "wire nuts".

Not round here they're not. They're called "marrettes".