Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Ebay fraud...

Gunner wrote:

I emailed her a second time, making mention that it would be a shame
for her to get a seriously negative feedback and a complaint to Ebay,
if she had decided it didnt sell for what she thought it should have,
and was playing games, but she seemed like a very nice lady and
wouldnt stoop that low, with her 100% positive feedback rating to
date. I told her Id wait a bit before leaving feedback.

Ive not as of yet left her any feedback. Ill wait a week or so more.
Still no response from her on the last email yet.

I know I have no recourse, of course. She returned the money. But this
is the 3rd time this sort of thing has happened to me in the last
year..and Im a bit ****ed off.

With the increases in "shipping"..its getting to be cheaper to haunt
pawn shops than buy on ebay.

Yeah, unfortunately, my only advice is "get used to it"! It is
a shame that eBay has gone from a nice community of guys
swapping stuff to a bunch of shlock outfits selling 14,000 scrap
items a month for whatever they can get. The business of
setting $50 shipping on a pair of cufflinks or something is
really a scandal, and eBay has not done a DAMN THING about it,
even though it is expressly done to CHEAT them! I can't figure
that one out.

There are a bunch of outfits selling salvage, pawned, returned,
shop-worn, etc. items as "Brand-new, tested, 100% OK".
Something like 25-50% of their items have something serious
wrong with them. Just read the feedback and it is apalling.
Some of them are getting hundreds of negatives a month, but if
they also can just get a few more positives than negatives, eBay
considers that OK.

I built up my shop with a bunch of used gear on eBay, but I am
getting MUCH more cautious lately. It has gotten to the point
that I don't want to sell my own products on eBay because of the
"taint"!

I still buy stuff on eBay, but have had problems with a
substantial number of the items recently, all computer-related
stuff, not shop tools.

Jon