Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Eden Pure, don't waste your time!

I have been hearing Paul Harvey tout Eden Pure heaters. I have always liked
him until now, when I realize he's just another corporate whore who will do
anything for money.

My BIL and SIL bought one of the heaters for $600, and returned it. I told
them I had read negative things about it, but they always seem to think more
$$ = better. They ended up sending it back.

I, on the other hand, bought a $39 parabolic Presto heater at Costco, and I
love it. I have another Holmes stand up heater that has a bigger heating
element, but the Presto is warmer. It focuses the heat, and you can feel
warm ten feet away. The Holmes has to be close to you. We use the Holmes
at the cabin, and it works okay.

But that little Presto is something else. I told BIL and SIL about it, and
they got one next time at Costco. They agree it's much better than the Eden
Pure, and at a cost where they could buy fifteen Prestos for one Eden Pure.

Save your money on the Eden Pure. Get the cheapie Presto at Costco. They
snagged my attention by just having one on at the store. I walked by, and
said, "I gotta have one of those." It was warm eight feet away.

I have nothing to do with any of these products, save as a consumer. They
all work, just some better than others, and they are all over the map cost
wise.

Steve