Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Eden Pure, don't waste your time!

I have been hearing Paul Harvey tout Eden Pure heaters. I have always liked
him until now, when I realize he's just another corporate whore who will do
anything for money.

My BIL and SIL bought one of the heaters for $600, and returned it. I told
them I had read negative things about it, but they always seem to think more
$$ = better. They ended up sending it back.

I, on the other hand, bought a $39 parabolic Presto heater at Costco, and I
love it. I have another Holmes stand up heater that has a bigger heating
element, but the Presto is warmer. It focuses the heat, and you can feel
warm ten feet away. The Holmes has to be close to you. We use the Holmes
at the cabin, and it works okay.

But that little Presto is something else. I told BIL and SIL about it, and
they got one next time at Costco. They agree it's much better than the Eden
Pure, and at a cost where they could buy fifteen Prestos for one Eden Pure.

Save your money on the Eden Pure. Get the cheapie Presto at Costco. They
snagged my attention by just having one on at the store. I walked by, and
said, "I gotta have one of those." It was warm eight feet away.

I have nothing to do with any of these products, save as a consumer. They
all work, just some better than others, and they are all over the map cost
wise.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB writes:

I have been hearing Paul Harvey tout Eden Pure heaters. I have always
liked him until now, when I realize he's just another corporate whore
who will do anything for money.

Well, he's a huckster.

It's actually a good test of intelligence or critical thinking, whether his
sale pitches are working on you or not.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote in message
I have been hearing Paul Harvey tout Eden Pure heaters. I have always
liked him until now, when I realize he's just another corporate whore who
will do anything for money.

I used to listen to him al the time and had high regard for what he had to
say. Other products he sold seemed to be legit, bt he lost a lot of respect
selling this stuff.

I, on the other hand, bought a $39 parabolic Presto heater at Costco, and
I love it.

But how much pure copper does it have?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 28, 5:53*am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote in message

I have been hearing Paul Harvey tout Eden Pure heaters. *I have always
liked him until now, when I realize he's just another corporate whore who
will do anything for money.

I used to listen to him al the time and had high regard for what he had to
say. *Other products he sold seemed to be legit, bt he lost a lot of respect
selling this stuff.

Funny. I've heard Paul Harvey frequently hawking these heaters and
thought it didn't do anything for his credibility either.

I, on the other hand, bought a $39 parabolic Presto heater at Costco, and
I love it.

I have one too. Just for the record, I believe that $39 price is
incorrect. Mine, purchased a couple weeks ago at Costco, was $57.
It's interesting to hear that someone has compared it to the Eden
Pure. The Presto is good for what it is, which is a very focused
source of radiant heat. It's a small fixed dish, looking like a
small satellite dish or oscillating fan. The heat warms whatever is
directly in front of it. So, it's very good for one person sitting in
a chair or on a sofa. But it won't heat a wide area or a room. It's
1000watts max, adjustable to lower.

But how much pure copper does it have?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote in message
I have been hearing Paul Harvey tout Eden Pure heaters. I have always
liked him until now, when I realize he's just another corporate whore who
will do anything for money.

I used to listen to him al the time and had high regard for what he had to
say. Other products he sold seemed to be legit, bt he lost a lot of
respect selling this stuff.

I, on the other hand, bought a $39 parabolic Presto heater at Costco, and
I love it.

But how much pure copper does it have?

Well, I'm sure not as much as the Eden Pure at that price. It is actually
very conveniently light. It just throws a hell of a lot of heat out. But I
guess if it had a lot of pure copper and weighed more, it might not put out
any more heat, but I would feel much better about myself for being able to
spend 15x more for it than others could afford.

Steve