Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default The path before me

It's all a lot of fun, no matter where you are on the path of turning.
It seems anymore with the mix of materials, decorating techniques, and
specialty tools there is no end. I tend to turn wood like the blazes
and then go to something else, then come back.

I just bought an Akeda dovetail jig and I am sure I will be
dovetailing an box jointing my days away for a while. But, there too,
I will be back on the lathe for a project I have in mind. I am
thinking of a blanket chest or small jewelry boxes with turned "bun"
feet. I also would like to try building a Federal style piece that
had the 1/2 column pilasters on the sides. That would come off the
lathe as well.

But as far as what you can do with the lathe, there doesn't seem to be
any limit anymore. And as far as how much it cost to keep up with the
Joneses for the newest woodturning trend, there doesn't seem to be
much limit that either.

Hey... at least at the lathe we are doing something constructive with
out time, right?

Robert