Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default Leeson 3 phase motor wiring

Thanks for the link. The Leeson site was much less helpful.

I think you meant "line 1 to (1 and 6) together" but that still doesn't
seem right on this motor. I won't have a chance to look at it some more
until tomorrow. Think I'll get the sensitive ohm meter out and check
things more closely.

I need to make some sort of switch or starter relay. I just hate
plugging 3 phase twist locks in under load.

More later.

Robert Swinney wrote:
Roy,

Are you sure you don't mean 6 leads numbered 1through 6 and a #8 lead which is ground ?

If this is so then std. hookup should be: line 1 to (1 and 2) together; phase 2 to (2 and 4)
together; phase 3 to (3 and 5) together.

Diagrams found at: http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.co...n_diagrams.htm

Bob Swinney

"RoyJ" wrote in message ...
I've got a spare 3 phase Leeson 1-1/2 hp motor I need to test out and
use on a temporary project. Of course the wiring diagram is missing. It
has 6 leads numbered 1 through 5 and a #8. I know what to do with 9
wire units, this one is very likely a single voltage unit, 208/230 volt.
What is the most likely wiring configuration? I can guess but I usually
need to replace a fuse or two before I get it right.