Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Just received my Gas Bill from British Gas.

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 01:57:38 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I stuck some money onto a generalised commodity and energy tracker..its
done +3% in just 4 weeks..justr about covered the *difference* in my oil
bill ( £1000 quid, yesterday) since last time. Ouch.

But only on paper, so unless you sell the units you still need the cash to
pay the bill... If you sell the units you need to buy some (at the now
higher price) for the next oil bill. B-(

How many p/l was your oil? Projection for our nes fillup is mid April,
though I expect that to get into May as things warm up and our useage goes
down.

All in, a grand for 2200 litres. I think that made it a base price of
43p or so.

see www.boilerjuice.com for latest sharp prices..

Unlike road fuel which is all tax, domestic heating oil moves with base
oil prices quite closely.

I think this year will see ol in the $90-$120 bracket, with about
$100/barrel being an effective floor.