Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,soc.culture.usa,comp.dcom.xdsl
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default EMBARQ DSL - is this considered a "normal" deal? Experiences with EMBARQ DSL?

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:06:31 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:50:19 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

cable internet is more reliable too.

You must not have Comcast.

Correct. Other than the newsgroups, I have no experience with Comcast
other than the TV commercials that say "Comcastic" (and is
"televisiphonernetting" theirs too?).

BTW, the lack of DSL here may have something to do with the really
good non-Comcast cable internet here.

My MediaOne was solid as a rock and really fast 5meg or so (one way).
When Comcast took over and "upgraded" to two way the speed dropped to
1.5meg on a good day and reliability sucked. I cancelled them and
restarted a couple of times based on promises they had fixed their
problems and the last time I was down over a week ... because of a
configuration problem on their end they couldn't seem to fix.
Embarq DSL isn't perfect but it does seem more stable and the people
are better when you call.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov