Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,soc.culture.usa,comp.dcom.xdsl
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default EMBARQ DSL - is this considered a "normal" deal? Experiences with EMBARQ DSL?

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 00:38:31 GMT, George Grapman
wrote:

[snip]

AT&T offered me $21.95 a month for "up to" 3.0 if I agreed to a two
year contract and automatic billing. I had to jump through hoops to get
the modem rebate and Visa gift card (the funniest excuse was 4 months
later when they said the delay was because they had to verify my address).
Another poster noted that any DSL is better than dial up. I agree. A
few months afterward my modem got fried and it took a week to get a new
one. I had to use dial up and I had forgotten how s-l-o-w it is.
Keep in mind that if you have a dedicated line for your dial up you
will no longer need it thereby offsetting some of the cost.

I used to have a dedicated line for dialup. Now I have 8Mb/512Kb cable
for no more than I was paying for that dialup (ISP + phoneline). The
cable internet is more reliable too.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov