Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Sony headphones

These are not servicable. See if they can be exchanged under warranty.
If not, buy a new set.

If you go for something of good quality, you should have a better
lifespan with them.

Jerry G.
======

On Feb 26, 2:29*pm, Andreas Weishaupt wrote:
Hi

I've bought some rather cheap Sony headphones (MDR-V150), say 2 months
ago. Suddenly the sound level on the right channel was weaker and there
were almost no low frequencies when compared to the left channel. I
first thought it was a loose soldering point because every time when I
pushed the plastic case of the earcup, all went fine again. But when
I've opened the earcup to fix the problem I've realised that the loose
contact isn't a soldering point but some kind of plastic that's glued on
the soldering points and goes onto the "speaker" ifself (more precisely,
it's connected to a yellow semitransparent plastic layer, and this one's
glued(?) on a metal with lots of holes inside). When I pushed onto this
connecting plastic, all went fine again.

But how can I fix this issue? What's the kind of material used and where
can I buy it?

Thanks a lot!

Andreas