Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Just received my Gas Bill from British Gas.

Andy Wade wrote:
Donwill wrote:
Small 3 Bed Bungalow reasonably insulated.

#Period: 23 Nov07----18Feb08 Kw.hrs used = 6685Kw.hrs.--- i.e
76Kw.hrs/day. (88days)

Just over 3 kW mean over a whole day - quite modest.

16Kw boiler(non
modulating), on time = approx 5hrs per day

15.2 kW mean input whilst on - sounds OK.

They seem to have split the quarterly period into two parts so they
can charge at the high rate twice during the quarter.

Price change on or around 18th Jan explains that. The total kWh charged
at the higher rate should add up to the normal quarterly threshold value
(or be pro-rata to the old and new threshold values if the threshold has
changed).

Beware anyone taking Economy 7 electricity from them on the 'Click
Energy 1' tariff: the previously very competitive night unit price has
increased by over 103%! Time to change supplier, again...

You can hide, but you can't run.

Expect 50% uplift in all domestic energy prices by 2009..

I stuck some money onto a generalised commodity and energy tracker..its
done +3% in just 4 weeks..justr about covered the *difference* in my oil
bill (£1000 quid, yesterday) since last time. Ouch.