Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default USB cameras for DIY use

"NoSpam" wrote in message
George wrote:
"NoSpam" wrote in message
A while ago there was a discussion about USB cameras and whether they
were any use for looking into dark and dingey DIY-type places - has
anyone found anything suitable?

Dave

Why usb? laptop use yes but most flat screen monitors(if not all)have a
composite input besides the normal digi input.
So a composite wireless camera also has its advantages over laptop USB

ie
the wireless camera can be more manouverable than one on a cable.

Yes, for use with a laptop.
For a DIY "looking down holes and under floors" application I can't see
the appeal of wireless. I think ideally the camera should be pen-shaped
so it can fit into holes or be strapped-on to a pole.

Dave

But isnt there a restriction on the lenght of the USB cable that can be
used?

This one is small enough to go onto a pole...
http://tinyurl.com/3yb4f5
Granted it would have to have an bright led attached to it for light.
There are bullet cameras there on ebay but are wired and composite input...
http://tinyurl.com/2n7uoh