Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Electric Dryer Turns but won\t dry

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:49:22 -0800, jJim McLaughlin
wrote:

mm wrote:

Not a good idea unless one knows that it has that gadget. The hair
dryers I've looked at, only a few but all of them, have thermal fuses
that will not reset. They look like little silver diodes, like
rockets with a pointed nosecone and a wire coming out of each end.

They are hard to find for sale and I would think hard to solder in
(because the soldering heat might burn out the new fuse. I'm not sure,
but I note that from the factory that are always crimped in place and
I don't know where to get those crimps, either) so if he tries heating
up a hair dryer as you suggest, he may end up with a worthless hair
dryer.

Hello?

We are talking about an electric clothes dryer here. Not a hair dryer.

Ohhh, yeah. !!!! Thanks.