Posted to alt.home.repair
CDET 14 CDET 14 is offline

Default Electric Dryer Turns but won\t dry

On Feb 23, 6:05*pm, jJim McLaughlin
wrote:
Sears Model 110.66822694. Installed new in 199

Put wet wash in, set "timed dry" for 45 mins, push start button.

Light inside drum operates fine with door open.

Drum turns as soon as start button is pushed.

Heat comes up immediately.
Run it empty for 30 seconds, open the door and hot air spills ut.

Drum will run 4 - 5 minutes, with heat, then shuts down.

Circuit breakers for dryer circuit not "tripped".

Wash, of course, will not dry.

Filter is clean.

Exhaust hose *and vent were clean.

Replaced corrugatedhose anyway.

Same non operation.

I'm thinking its the high limit thermostat.

Probably ot the heatig coil because we are
getting heat for short durations.

Any helpful thoughts welcomed

Thank you.

Have you tried disconnecting the transition duct (accordian hose) and
drying a load to see if there is a difference?
Attach a pantyhose to catch the lint.
If the dryer operated properly, there is a venting issue.

Alisa LeSueur
Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician
http://CleanYourOwnDryerVent.com