Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default Metal powders for filling UK

"John" wrote in message
news
I suspect some of you have played with this, and it can be a useful way to
recover blanks and other pieces of wood with gaps, giving an interesting
finish. The problem I noticed was price of the powder

Aluminium 50grams ( 2oz) is generally about 3.50 GAP which appears to be
available from a number of turning stores.

As I hate spending money on things I think I should be able to get cheaper
I did a Google and found 500g for 5.83 GAP. I am not sure if its the
same grade though but its listed as 250mesh to dust

If anyone is interested here is a link
http://www.tiranti.co.uk/subdivision...tegory=58&Subd
ivision=219

They also sell Bronze Brass and Copper powders but the savings are not so
dramatic only about 25% on the smaller quantities

The interesting thing was it is a company supplying materials for
modelling sculpting, so it may be a clue as to where to search
--

You can get copper and aluminum simulated "metallic" epoxies here in the US
at home centers. They look OK.