Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] jbridge337@bellsouth.net is offline

Default garage shelf magazine article

On Feb 23, 6:02*pm, "
wrote:
Jim:

I am having a hard time trying to remember where I saw a project
involving garage storage. *The main thing I remember about the project
was that the shelf supports consisted of two boards (2x4 perhaps) with
a triangular shaped rib from plywood forming a sort of I beam type
structure. *From what I remember the article was in the last 3 years
but I can't recall the magazine I saw it in and I haven't had any luck
with google or searches of some of the magazine websites. *I am hoping
that this brief description is enough to trigger someone's memory.

I can't remember what it was either, but try Family Handyman as well
as Wood, Woodworker's Journal,
or ShopNotes. The on-line indexes might help.

Was this strictly wood storage or general garage storage?

MJ

general garage storage and with the triangular rib, they weren't
designed to be more than 1 high. I don't recall it the space under
the shelf between the "rib" was used for anything. I seem to remember
it being in one of the hi gloss pubs. , so not ShopNotes. I have
tried the on-line indexes and searches without luck. I don't know
that woodworker's journal was one I tried. My inclination was it was
Family Handyman but I didn't see anything on there site that matched
so I will probably wander the stacks in the library today and hope
they have print copies from over a year ago.

Jim