Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default Shower base scum - cleaning off

On 25 Feb, 09:34, Emil Tiades wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 00:32:21 -0800 (PST), robgraham

wrote:
Dave - thanks for replying. I suspect that that would be the solution
where you are but we are just outside Edinburgh and the water is soft
and contains no lime. I would have also thought that a lime deposit
would be a bit harder than what we're getting.

The trouble is that the tiles used (don't know if you can get them
now) are the quarry type that are smooth on one side - used in the
hall - and knobbly on the other - used in the shower area so you don't
slip (which you then do if you come out with wet feet into the
hall !!). Anyway the build up is between the knobbles so either needs
to be removed mechanically or chemically.

Karcher job, it seems

Hmm - yes I hadn't thought of that. Good one, ta.

Rob