Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Toilet install

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 02:52:27 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

Jim

Exactly. Typical toilet tank is about 20" wide, but you need some clearance
on the sides for your ass to hang over and to be able to reach around with
the TT. When we put in a new washing machine in the downstairs bathroom,
it was wider than the old one and brings the clearance down to 29". I'd not
want to get any narrower than that.

I was staying at the house of the mother of a friend in Europe, and
she had the arms on one toilet to help her sit down and stand up. It
made the seat area so narrow, I couldn't separate my legs at all and I
couldn't go from the front or back.