Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Allison[_2_] Robert Allison[_2_] is offline

Default Self Closing Drawer Slides Question

bdeditch wrote:

I am going to be constructing a set of bottoms & Tops Kitchen Cabinets
for my daughter. She said she seen the "self closing drawer slides"
that you don't have to push in at all. Are these the accuride ones or
is it something completely different?

The ones that I just installed, were the first that I had seen.
I can't remember what brand, but most of the stuff I get from my
supplier is Knape and Vogt. So they are probably the same. I
don't have any here or I would look. They are expensive. I
think I had to pay 16.00 a pair.

They are only self closing after they have been pushed almost all
the way closed, then they take over and close themselves, kind of
like a self closing trunk on a car.

I looked at the mechanism and couldn't really grasp how it
worked, but I hope like hell that they don't start failing so
that I have to replace them. I can't see repairing them, but I
haven't taken one apart to really try to figure them out.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.