Posted to alt.home.repair
N O N O is offline

Default Toilet install

Toilet install

Group: alt.home.repair Date: Sun, Feb 24, 2008, 1:47pm (EST-3) From:
(Oren)
On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:32:41 -0500, Bubba
wrote:
On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 15:12:14 -0500, (N O) wrote:
Soon I'll be installing a new toilet in a bath remod I'm doing. I've
read somewhere that the distance from the wall to the center of the
toilet drain should be at least 14"... Is that correct. If so, I'm in
trouble because I only see 12"...
Can I buy a toilet to fit that..?
Tanks..
......and now you know why the plumbers get the big bucks. Bubba
..and why folks resort to DIY!
--
Oren

Yea.. I agree. I paid a plumber to do the shower base in this remod. He
set the base in cement as I asked, but it was pushed to one side too
much to line up my hardi backer correctly on one side. I had to add a
1/4 inch on that wall to square it up with the base. It is now 1/4 inch
out from the rest of the drywall in the bathroom.

I called the plumber back to the job and his boss took off 33%.