Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Remodel can or new construction can?

On Feb 23, 9:45*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
I have about 50% of my ceiling sheet rock down.

I am about to purchase about 50 hi-hat recessed lights for various locations
of the house. *The problem is I can't decide whether I should get the
remodel kind or the new construction kind. *The housing will be the same
size, same trim everything else is the same.

I originally thought I would get the new construction kind for where I have
the ceiling sheetrock removed, and where I do not have the sheetrock down, I
will use the remodel kind. *That figures to be about 28 new construction and
22 remodel. *All of them will be IC models.

But then I started thinking, is this a good idea, that some are remodel and
some are new construction, if I need to replace one in the future, it would
be difficult to remembe which is which, *I can make a sketch and make some
notes, but perhaps it's easier to use the remodel kind for all of them, get
all the wiring in place, then hang new sheetrock then install the lights
then.

Any comments?

Thanks,

MC

Are you sure you want can lamps? Latest remodel (and new) fashion is
LED lighting. There could be an actual return on investment in a few
years (low operating cost) plus not looking dated in a few years.
Going to check it out for my rehab to simplify things. From the posts
on this NG can lighting seems to be a royal PITA.

Joe