Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remodel can or new construction can?

I have about 50% of my ceiling sheet rock down.

I am about to purchase about 50 hi-hat recessed lights for various locations
of the house. The problem is I can't decide whether I should get the
remodel kind or the new construction kind. The housing will be the same
size, same trim everything else is the same.

I originally thought I would get the new construction kind for where I have
the ceiling sheetrock removed, and where I do not have the sheetrock down, I
will use the remodel kind. That figures to be about 28 new construction and
22 remodel. All of them will be IC models.

But then I started thinking, is this a good idea, that some are remodel and
some are new construction, if I need to replace one in the future, it would
be difficult to remembe which is which, I can make a sketch and make some
notes, but perhaps it's easier to use the remodel kind for all of them, get
all the wiring in place, then hang new sheetrock then install the lights
then.

Any comments?

Thanks,

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
[...]

Use remodel for remodel and new construction for new. Once you pull the
trim, it'll be obvious which frame is installed

Posted to alt.home.repair

MiamiCuse wrote:

[...]

Well, if you decide to go with all the same kind, then you would
have to go with remodel everywhere. This would mean that you
could put up the ones that go where you still have sheetrock,
then wait until it is all sheetrocked to put up the others. You
certainly can't use new construction where your sheetrock is
already up. So you can't put all new const. cans in.

You should put up the new construction (cheaper) where you can,
and use remodel where you can't.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"RBM" wrote in message

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
[...]

True. that makes sense, I wasn't thinking, must be all the plaster dust I
have been breathing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Allison" wrote in message
MiamiCuse wrote:

[...]

That's what I will do then. Thank you!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 23, 9:45*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
[...]

Are you sure you want can lamps? Latest remodel (and new) fashion is
LED lighting. There could be an actual return on investment in a few
years (low operating cost) plus not looking dated in a few years.
Going to check it out for my rehab to simplify things. From the posts
on this NG can lighting seems to be a royal PITA.

Joe

Shower Remodel hobbzilla Home Repair 3 August 6th 07 10:37 PM
remodel without a truck? [email protected] Home Repair 35 January 5th 07 02:30 AM
Another Bath Remodel [email protected] Home Repair 1 December 25th 06 07:32 PM
Remodel Question Amy L Home Repair 11 June 28th 06 06:16 PM
remodel? m Ransley Home Repair 10 December 21st 05 07:45 PM