Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plugged snowthrower

On Feb 24, 1:51�pm, Joe wrote:
On Feb 24, 10:50�am, Jim wrote:

Arrived home late in the day needing to clear the driveway.
Unfortunately the fallen snow, about 7" worth, had become super
saturated from drizzle and light rain. �My 10hp dual stage machine
clogged up with heavy slush in the first three feet while running at
full speed.

Any way around this? �Might PAM spray or a teflon spray be of any help?

While slickery sprays will help, the end result is slow, slow
progress. You might get it done OK, but try to be gentle with the
machinery. Slush is really heavy and might take a toll on you as well.
Around here we are fortunate that someone always seems to know a guy
with a Bobcat endloader, the ideal machine for that situation. You
might consider renting one...they're lots of fun to play with. Who
knows, the neighbors might help pay for it. Good luck.

Joe

salt the area this time, if its slushey already salt will work fast
and is easier than snowblower, they can be hard work