Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Plugged snowthrower

Arrived home late in the day needing to clear the driveway.
Unfortunately the fallen snow, about 7" worth, had become super
saturated from drizzle and light rain. My 10hp dual stage machine
clogged up with heavy slush in the first three feet while running at
full speed.

Any way around this? Might PAM spray or a teflon spray be of any help?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 24, 10:50*am, Jim wrote:
Arrived home late in the day needing to clear the driveway.
Unfortunately the fallen snow, about 7" worth, had become super
saturated from drizzle and light rain. *My 10hp dual stage machine
clogged up with heavy slush in the first three feet while running at
full speed.

Any way around this? *Might PAM spray or a teflon spray be of any help?

A spray called Slip Plate works.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 24, 10:50*am, Jim wrote:
Arrived home late in the day needing to clear the driveway.
Unfortunately the fallen snow, about 7" worth, had become super
saturated from drizzle and light rain. *My 10hp dual stage machine
clogged up with heavy slush in the first three feet while running at
full speed.

Any way around this? *Might PAM spray or a teflon spray be of any help?

While slickery sprays will help, the end result is slow, slow
progress. You might get it done OK, but try to be gentle with the
machinery. Slush is really heavy and might take a toll on you as well.
Around here we are fortunate that someone always seems to know a guy
with a Bobcat endloader, the ideal machine for that situation. You
might consider renting one...they're lots of fun to play with. Who
knows, the neighbors might help pay for it. Good luck.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 24, 1:51�pm, Joe wrote:
On Feb 24, 10:50�am, Jim wrote:

Arrived home late in the day needing to clear the driveway.
Unfortunately the fallen snow, about 7" worth, had become super
saturated from drizzle and light rain. �My 10hp dual stage machine
clogged up with heavy slush in the first three feet while running at
full speed.

Any way around this? �Might PAM spray or a teflon spray be of any help?

While slickery sprays will help, the end result is slow, slow
progress. You might get it done OK, but try to be gentle with the
machinery. Slush is really heavy and might take a toll on you as well.
Around here we are fortunate that someone always seems to know a guy
with a Bobcat endloader, the ideal machine for that situation. You
might consider renting one...they're lots of fun to play with. Who
knows, the neighbors might help pay for it. Good luck.

Joe

salt the area this time, if its slushey already salt will work fast
and is easier than snowblower, they can be hard work
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:50:29 -0500, Jim wrote:

Arrived home late in the day needing to clear the driveway.
Unfortunately the fallen snow, about 7" worth, had become super
saturated from drizzle and light rain. My 10hp dual stage machine
clogged up with heavy slush in the first three feet while running at
full speed.

Any way around this? Might PAM spray or a teflon spray be of any help?

Where is that Global Warming everyone is talking about?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim" wrote in message
Arrived home late in the day needing to clear the driveway. Unfortunately
the fallen snow, about 7" worth, had become super saturated from drizzle
and light rain. My 10hp dual stage machine clogged up with heavy slush in
the first three feet while running at full speed.

Any way around this? Might PAM spray or a teflon spray be of any help?

I have used Pam and Teflon spray as well as used oil from a deep fryer. They
all worked well. In addition, I found that slowing down the speed of the
machine (use a very low gear) allows the impeller and second stage to clear
the slush much better than a high speed does.

Coat all of the surfaces that the snow will come in contact with. A light
coating is better than a heavy one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim" wrote in message
Arrived home late in the day needing to clear the driveway. Unfortunately
the fallen snow, about 7" worth, had become super saturated from drizzle
and light rain. My 10hp dual stage machine clogged up with heavy slush in
the first three feet while running at full speed.

Any way around this? Might PAM spray or a teflon spray be of any help?

My 8Horse Toro had a Mshaped grill right in the discharge chute. Got clogged
up with slush all the time. Worked much better after removal. For whatever
reason they put it there, it was a lousy reason. (maybe to deflect thrown
rocks?)

Toro S-620 Snowthrower governor Steve Kraus Home Repair 0 February 7th 08 05:44 AM
Ariens Snowthrower Clutch Arm replacement [email protected] Home Repair 0 February 17th 07 04:06 PM
3HP snowthrower trouble. PaPaPeng Home Repair 1 March 19th 06 07:49 PM
spirit snowthrower GFRfan Home Repair 7 February 20th 04 02:58 AM
Snowthrower won't starts when cold K Man Home Repair 6 February 5th 04 03:36 PM