Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Where is a "safe place" to dispose of 14 oz. propane tanks?

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 07:44:18 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

mm wrote:
Where is a "safe place" to dispose of small, 14 oz. propane tanks?

The web is no help.

These empty Propane tanks differ from an empty hair spray can in what
respect?

I don't think hair spray has a label on it "Dispose of in a safe
place". That's the only thing that made me start thinking about it.
I don't have any hairspray, but I have a can of Scotchguard nearby. It
says Do not puncture or incinerate. Even though the trash truck
could puncture it when it compresses the trash, I think it's designed
so the odds are pretty low. I'm very literal, and it's only the
propane tat says "in a safe place".