Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JR North JR North is offline

Default Project help

I got it. There are rolled/slit thin glossy plastic tubing
available-used to wrap around an unsightly closet hanger pole. Lowes,
etc. They are perfect inside diameter for 13/16" bobbin. You would cut
the tubing lengthwise to allow about 1/2"- to 5/8" opening to view and
extract the bobbins.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

wrote:
Hello. I am trying to create this:
http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?...a=bobbin+saver

except in a straight version, not round. I have a piece of 1/8-inch
diameter silicone tubing and a piece of 1/4-inch diameter silicone
tubing.

My question is: Is there a way to calculate how wide I should cut the
slit/opening so that the piece will grip different sizes?
Any information about this will be appreciated.

Regards,
Amy

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"