Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Rotary Zip tool

Dremel will take a rotozip bit? Isn't the rotozip bit quite a bit thicker?

"Art Todesco" wrote in message
t...
Pete C. wrote:
MiamiCuse wrote:
Fundamentally, what is the difference between a rotary zip tool and
Dremel?
Is it just a bit more power and it has a plastic ring in the front to
control the cutting depth?

MC

The RotoZip, as well as the other branded rotary cutout saws (Dewalt,
etc.) are significantly beefier and more powerful than a Dremel. A
Dremel is a hobby tool for light arts and crafts projects, while the
rotary cutout tools are construction tools for tasks like cutting
openings in drywall, cement board, etc.

Just to add to all of the answers, I have one of the new Dremel Lithium
Ion cordless
tools. Even though it has somewhat less power than my plug-in Dremel, I
still will
use a Roto-Zip bit in it to cut drywall .... works great!