Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can a metal stud wall support a 52" flatscreen

"Edee em" wrote in message
I want to believe him but that is why I am he will a 2 foot length
of wood in a metal stud support a 100 pound TV? Where does the support
come from if the wood isn't running ceiling to floor? Etc...

The support will still be the metal stud. The wood is just a backer to hold
the lags in place and spread the load over a portion of the stud.
Sheetmetal screws may pull out if just into a thin stud. I just saw doors
being hung by putting in a wood backer where the hinges will be.