Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Leon's Racism WAS: WE are losing it.

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:29:15 -0800, Charlie Self wrote:

I used to laugh--'60s--at the college loan applications that provided
a list of Communist organizations and then required the signer to
affirm that he/she had never belonged to any of these, nor had any
intent to overthrow the government of the U.S. I guess they rooted out
thousands of spies that way. Sure they did. I tried to explain to one
oath-giver that the undercover "intelligence" types would be the first
to sign without a pause, but she couldn't understand that.

I was once asked if I believed in the violent overthrow of the government.
I replied that of course I did, how did the questioner think our country
got started. I got my security clearance :-).