Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Can a metal stud wall support a 52" flatscreen

Appropriate wood backers will be more than adequate.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Edee em" wrote in message
I think I know the answer to this (NO!) but buddy who did the
wall for me says that he can insert wood into the metal stud and
then lag-bolt the TV mount to that. I want to believe him but
that is why I am he will a 2 foot length of wood in a metal
stud support a 100 pound TV? Where does the support come from if
the wood isn't running ceiling to floor? Etc...

Any thoughts from the group (especially the framers out there!)

--
edee em
I know the truth is out there, but I like to stay in...