Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Electric Dryer Turns but won\t dry

On Feb 23, 7:23*pm, jJim McLaughlin
wrote:
RBM wrote:

SNIP

It would help if you could hang an ammeter on the circuit to see when the
element goes on and off. Off hand I would guess a faulty thermostat or
safety switch is shutting it down

Drum stops turning, heat goes off, all simultaneously, about 4 - 5
minuted after start buton is pushed.

Somebody repost this for me since jJim PLONKED me a while back...

Check the door safety switch or door clasp. I had a dryer that kept
shutting off because the door would get knocked slightly open by the
wet clothes and shut everything down. Then the door would close again
so everything looked normal when we would check it.