Posted to alt.home.repair
edee em edee em is offline

Default Can a metal stud wall support a 52" flatscreen

I think I know the answer to this (NO!) but buddy who did the wall for me
says that he can insert wood into the metal stud and then lag-bolt the TV
mount to that. I want to believe him but that is why I am he will a 2
foot length of wood in a metal stud support a 100 pound TV? Where does the
support come from if the wood isn't running ceiling to floor? Etc...

Any thoughts from the group (especially the framers out there!)

--
edee em
I know the truth is out there, but I like to stay in...