Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] basscadet75@yahoo.com is offline

Default Window replacement question

On Feb 22, 11:40 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
I'm 8-12 months away from replacing some windows. But in the meantime, I
need to replace the window coverings in one room. Whatever style I get,
they'll be mounted to the wall outside of the molding. "Pocket replacement"
is the way I'll go with these windows. For purposes of measuring the window
coverings, can I safely assume that the molding surround won't change in
size, so I can avoid buying window coverings twice? I'm already planning to
leave an extra inch or so above and on either side of the molding surround.

The molding won't change at all if they're pocket replacement
windows. I've had 12 done in my house over the past two years and
nothing has changed outside of the window pocket. That's one of the
nice things about replacement windows, is that you get to keep your
old molding and preserve the style of your house. (It can be tough to
find window installers that do certain types of moldings these days,
especially the simpler, chunkier, older styles.)

- Jeff