Posted to alt.home.repair
k k is offline

Default Which to get first ?

I think it depends on where you are. I'm in the northeast where wood heat
is common, and our basement wood stove is noted on the policy, but dfoesn't
affect our insurance. I think if it goes up it's maybe because of where you
live, or a non-conventional installation?? A wood stove shouldn't be any
riskier than an oil or gas furnace.

That said, pellet stoves are a lot cleaner, and I have one in my shop. I
happen to enjoy cutting and splitting wood, but I'll probably switch to
pellets in the house one day.

k.

"john" wrote in message

And your insurance will go up about 25% or more.

are you kiddin me ? Thats one thing I overlooked. They think of that as
such a hazard ? geez.. I guess a pellet stove would be the same.. I
thought about one of those too. Something that runs off pure wood is my
main goal though... who knows what type of oil / gas crisis were going to
have in a year from now...or longer. As long as I can heat my home
somehow...is all I care about

Im probably going with pergo flooring. (no glue needed) Putting the
pergo down first seems like the way to go. I appreciate the input.