Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Window replacement question

On Feb 22, 10:40*am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
I'm 8-12 months away from replacing some windows. But in the meantime, I
need to replace the window coverings in one room. Whatever style I get,
they'll be mounted to the wall outside of the molding. "Pocket replacement"
is the way I'll go with these windows. For purposes of measuring the window
coverings, can I safely assume that the molding surround won't change in
size, so I can avoid buying window coverings twice? I'm already planning to
leave an extra inch or so above and on either side of the molding surround..

Decide which window brand to buy, then discuss the problem with
customer service. Odds are your present idea will work fine, though.

Joe