Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window replacement question

I'm 8-12 months away from replacing some windows. But in the meantime, I
need to replace the window coverings in one room. Whatever style I get,
they'll be mounted to the wall outside of the molding. "Pocket replacement"
is the way I'll go with these windows. For purposes of measuring the window
coverings, can I safely assume that the molding surround won't change in
size, so I can avoid buying window coverings twice? I'm already planning to
leave an extra inch or so above and on either side of the molding surround.